Congratulations, you’re reading this article because you are part of a unique group of people who act on their desire to improve their working life.
Generally speaking, about 60% of working people are content to stay where they are, the other 40% are open to new job opportunities.
People in the group the shakers and movers are known as Active Talent and either actively look, or casually scour new opportunities few times a week.
By contrast, Passive Talent people are completely satisfied with their current status, may consult with their personal networks, or may be willing to talk to a recruitment specialist.
There’s no denying though, that more professionals are exploring new opportunities, no matter how happy or unhappy they are with their current job.
To illustrate the point,
Moreover, a third of all professionals routinely improve their own prospects by various means.
These include researching new opportunities, updating their CVs, networking for nonleisure reasons, revising their LinkedIn profiles and expanding their skills levels.
Are You Interested?
Popular as a desktop search is, nothing beats a personal approach from a recruitment specialist about a prospective job, according to almost 80% of professionals (78% ready to hear from recruitment agencies, p14).
However, these calls are not frivolous “fishing expeditions” or time wasters, but a sincere approach to see if a potential job may be for you.
We highlight the elements that matter, the role and responsibilities of the prospective job, why we reach out to you, an estimated salary range, the company’s culture, seniority within the company, and its mission. (First contact, what talents wants to know, p15)
Getting The Basics Right
Few experiences are more impactful than the first interview, an event that can make or break the jobseeking process.
Because we understand the importance of this first step, we endeavour to make it a positive and memorable experience.
We’ll do our best to have your prospective reporting manager at the interview and to have all the Very Important questions answered (What matters to talent in South Africa during the interview experience p20).
After The Interview
Once the interview is over, we’ll maintain personal contact and vow to keep you updated on progress (Stay connected after interview day p21).
Should your application be successful, you’ll be the first to know, if not from your new manager, then from us. (Exceed talent’s expectations p22)
Ticking The Boxes
We know what’s important to a professional considering a new job offer compensation, advancement opportunities, a better work/life balance, professional development, and more challenging work. (Convert more candidates into hires p24)
For this reason, we will be upfront and honest about what the job entails, its responsibilities, and the workload to allow you to make an informed decision about your value to the new company. (Negotiating salary: Talent trust their instincts p25)
We understand only too well the frustrations professionals experience in their quest for better prospects.
Rest assure, we will not make empty promises and hide behind meaningless buzzwords, or lead you up the garden path.
We will share as much information as possible with you throughout the process and most importantly, keep you informed of progress. (What frustrates talent most about the search journey? p26)